Muni Metro is San Francisco’s light rail system and serves over 150,000 passengers daily. In fact, it is the third busiest light rail system in the United States. The line consists of over 70 miles of track, seven lines and transports passengers throughout San Francisco and surrounding areas. With so much activity, it is not surprising that serious accidents can sometimes happen. If you become involved in a light rail accident, an experienced San Francisco personal injury attorney can help you determine if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Observing the following safety tips can help you avoid the risk of a light rail accident:
- Stand behind the caution strip as your train approaches. Refrain from touching the sides of the train while it is moving and wait until the train has stopped completely before pushing the button to open the doors.
- After leaving the train, always wait until your train has pulled out to cross the tracks—watch for approaching trains coming from the opposite direction.
- Never walk along the light trails or trespass on the bridges or underpasses.
- When boarding or exiting with children, always hold their hand so that you are not separated.
- Always obey blank-out signs because they signal an approaching train.
- Refrain from listening to personal music players and texting or talking on a cell phone when near the tracks.
- Motorists and trains share the road and trains always have the right of way, remain alert and look for approaching trains.
- Never drive around lowered crossing gates.
When accidents happen contact a San Francisco personal injury law firm
Even the most conscientious person can have a light rail accident and often through no fault of their own. If you or a loved one has been injured in a light rail accident, contact us online or call 866-288-6010 to discuss your light rail accident case.