Catastrophic Injury Attorney
San Francisco Bay Area | Oakland | San Rafael | San Jose CA
Over the last quarter century, firm founder and personal injury attorney Joseph S. Nierenberg have seen firsthand the devastation that an accident involving serious injury can have on individuals and a family. For that reason, we dedicate ourselves to helping victims after an accident involving a serious injury.
What Is a Serious Injury?
At San Francisco-based law firm Weber & Nierenberg (with offices throughout the Bay Area), our personal injury attorneys view any injury that prevents you from doing your job or limits your ability to engage in activities or enjoy your family as a serious injury.
Serious injuries range from a disabling soft-tissue injury such as whiplash to a more catastrophic injury such as a brain injury.
Experienced San Francisco Bay Area Personal Injury Attorneys
We have extensive experience handling a wide range of serious injury claims resulting from accidents (such as car or motorcycle accidents) and dangerous or defective products (such as defective machinery, tools or auto parts). We handle personal injury claims involving all types of injuries, including:
- Head injury, including closed-head injury and brain damage from head-on auto accidents and bike wrecks.
- Brain injury, including traumatic brain injury (TBI) from falls, windshield or steering wheel impacts in auto accidents, and motorcycle crashes.
- Neck injury, including broken neck and collarbones as well as whiplash neck injury from rear-end collisions.
- Whiplash and soft-tissue injury, including head- and neck-jerk injury from car wrecks and other high- or low-impact collisions.
- Back injury, including spinal cord injury, herniated disc and fractured-spine injury causing paralysis from accidents such as motorcycle and auto accidents.
- Spinal cord injury, including paraplegia, quadriplegia and other paralysis from a spinal cord injury.
- Herniated disc (disk) and fractured spine, including herniated discs and fractured spines from pedestrian and bicycle accidents.
- Amputation and severed limbs, including loss of limbs from industrial-machinery accidents and motorcycle crashes.
- Burn injury, including severe burn injury, such as third-degree burns, from chemical explosions, car accidents and motorcycle wrecks.
- Broken bone injury, including broken arms, broken legs, a broken neck and other broken bones from auto and pedestrian accidents.
- Knee and shoulder injury, including knee and shoulder injury caused by dangerous premises and falls as well as motor vehicle accidents.
- Wrongful death, including the loss of a family member from a train or bus accident, car accident, motorcycle accident or other accident caused by negligence, recklessness or defective products.
Recent Examples of How We Have Helped Our Clients
We represented a 76-year-old whose car was rear-ended by a San Francisco Municipal Railway bus. The bus driver was intoxicated, and our investigation revealed that the driver had an extensive substance abuse problem and prior accident history. The accident severed our client’s spinal cord and left him a T-5 paraplegic. The settlement included enough money to provide him with the needed life care prognosticated by our experts.
We represented the family of an 8-year-old who drowned during her swim class at a public pool in Contra Costa County. We proved to the defendant that the drowning would not have occurred if the pool staff had followed their stated protocols for pool safety. The settlement included a memorial established in honor of our clients’ daughter.
We represented a 69-year-old who was exposed to carbon monoxide when his homebuilder failed to glue a radiant heating system flue exhaust pipe. Our client suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, resulting in a mild traumatic brain injury and depression.
Contact an Experienced Northern California Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a family member has been seriously injured in an accident or by a dangerous or defective product, please consult a personal injury lawyer at Weber & Nierenberg, who has experience with claims involving serious injury and death. For a free consultation, call us toll free at
or, if you prefer, fill out our intake form and we will contact you.
Contingency Fees Negotiated On Every Case.
We dedicate ourselves to helping those in need. Our goal is to obtain for you and your family the compensation you need and deserve. We handle all claims on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we secure compensation for you.
Our lawyers can protect your interests after you have been seriously injured in an accident or lost a loved one as a result of another’s negligence. With offices throughout northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area, we represent clients throughout the East Bay, North Bay and South Bay, including San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, Napa, Santa Rosa, San Rafael, Berkeley, Richmond, Fremont, Hayward, Modesto, Novato, Palo Alto, Stockton, San Mateo, Santa Cruz and Walnut Creek, CA.