Public transportation has improved and certainly expanded over the last several years. However, there is still great potential for accidents and injuries on public transportation. If you have been injured in a public transportation accident, an experienced San Francisco personal injury attorney can help you determine if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
To help prevent an accident or injury while using public transportation the following safety tips may be helpful:
- Do not rush to board a bus or subway, this way you can avoid falling or slipping and becoming injured.
- As the bus or train approaches stand back from the edge of the platform or curb and stay a bit to the side to avoid being accidentally pushed or shoved off balance.
- Do not try to enter a subway car when the doors are closing and ensure packages, pocketbooks and backpacks are clear of closing doors after you have entered the train.
- Only use the emergency cord to prevent an accident or injury.
- Do not run or walk on escalators—stand, hold the rail and face forward. Improper use of escalators can cause serious injuries.
- Do not run for the bus—you can slip, trip or fall and sustain serious injuries.
- Do not stand in stairwells or lean against doors while traveling on a bus—sudden stops could cause you to fall and become injured.
- When boarding or leaving a bus watch for slippery surfaces, icy sidewalks or other hazards, which may cause you to fall.
A San Francisco personal injury law firm can help
Unfortunately, no matter how many advances have been made in transportation, accidents still happen and individuals can become seriously injured. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a public transportation accident contact us online or call 866-288-6010 to discuss your injury case.